Pittsburgh Palooza Checking In

Brenda R.
on 4/6/08 12:39 pm, edited 4/6/08 12:40 pm - Portage, IN
I am so glad that everyone had such a wonderful time. It is good that everyone is home safe and sound too. I didn't see much either while I was in the pockets. Next time you have to put us home guys in a spot with a better view!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Laureen S.
on 4/6/08 1:39 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hiya Sistas! After a one hour flight delay, I finally arrived back in the Philadelphia area at 6:15, but headed right to an AA meeting, where I resumed my life and received a warm welcome home from my friends and then upon arriving home, Dillinger gave me the best welcome of all, he was sooooo happy to see me and I am happy to be home, vacations are wonderful and meeting all of you was awesome, but at the end of the road, home is where I find my little piece of heaven (and big sloppy kisses)! A great big shout out to Lora & Mary for pulling off a weekend of bonding like none I've shared in quite a long time!  and in spite of many obstacles, that many would have thrown their hands up and said, "sorry, I just can't do this now". . .  anyway, it was great for me to meet up with those who came and shared themselves, I think the total weight loss was something like 1639 lbs. and that's with 2 people that are just about 3 months post-op!  So woo hoo for our merry band of losers! I came away from this with a sense of knowing that my instincts work, that the people I've connected here in cyberspace are real and that those connections were made even better by the actual meeting of them! In the spirit of such bonding, since it's already been mentioned, I will put it out there, stay tuned for a New York City gathering sometime in 2009, probably Fall, as someone spoke of a Spring one in Salem, Mass.  My mind was going last night on how I might put something together and while I live near Philadelphia, I know New York better, as I was resident to it for most of my first 5 decades of life!  So start saving those pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters, because it would be an exciting time IF I can pull it all together.  Give me some time to see what I can find out and this would probably take a commitment on the parts of those who would want to attend in order to get the best possible prices on things and/or if you wanted to attend a show or something, not to mention that to see and hang out and enjoy, I think it would have to be arrival on Thursday night, so it would be a 3 night stay, as opposed to the 2 nights.  These are just some of the thoughts going on in my brain, as I said, save and give me time to work on it. . .  Great meeting you all, Aime, says it best in her signature, "I am humbled by the love of my OFF family"  not sure I got it right, but it's something like that ;) Wishing you all a good night, I'm going to get a good night's sleep now, with my bed hog, Dillinger! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

carlak
on 4/6/08 3:32 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi All, I am home. I got home at midnight. 4 hour delay. see my post from the other posting. Yes Lora and Mary did a bang up job!!!!! for my first time in Pittsburgh!!!!! We need to repeat it!!!!! I had a great time walking and talking, Crying Laughing and just being quiet and listening!!!!! Carla 
image hosting site

Pat R.
on 4/6/08 9:58 pm - Sturgis, MI
I put the picture of you gals on my desktop...so I can look at you all everytime the computer boots up! What a great bunch of good lookin' gals!

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
lora13
on 4/6/08 10:33 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
HOWDY GIRLS (AND GUYS), I GOT HOME OKAY,TOO!  DIDN'T EVEN GET LOST.....WHEW!!  WILL POST ON MY OWN NEW THREAD...LOOK FOR IT! HUGS AND TEARS AND LAUGHS AND MORE!! LORA 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views